Canine parvovirus must be prevented, so vaccination against canine parvovirus is the best way to control the disease. Parvovirus vaccines are given as a combination vaccine, which is usually part of a combination vaccine such as DHPP，DHPPL，DHPPLC, etc.
- Inoculation time of DHPP/DHPPL/DHPPLC combination vaccine：
First dose of vaccine at 6-8 weeks;
Second dose of vaccine at 9-11 weeks;
A third dose of the vaccine at 12-14 weeks;
A fourth dose of the vaccine is given at 16-17 weeks, followed by an additional dose every year.
Figure 1.Puppy Vaccination Schedule
2. Canine parvovirus(CPV) has strong resistance to the outside world, long survival time and highly infectious. Once the disease occurs, the sick dog should be quickly isolated, the environment and utensils should be isolated, dried, and disinfected with ultraviolet rays after disinfection. The disinfectant can be 2% NaOH, bleaching powder, potassium hypochlorite, etc.
3. Before puppies are vaccinated, take them out as little as possible and limit their range of activities.
4. When walking the dog, try to avoid the dog smelling feces and picking up things on the ground to eat; at the same time, avoid contact with suspected dogs.
5. The owner should provide the dog with comprehensive nutrition to ensure that the dog is nutritionally balanced and improves immunity.
6. The owner should deworm the dog regularly to avoid being infected by the virus.